After a year of rather confusing decisions, it was announced that Sarah Palin, former Vice Presidential candidate, will be taking over The Tonight Show. The move came as a complete surprise to John McCain, who was hoping to run as Palin's vice-presidential candidate in 2012.
Of course, I'm only joking. Palin wouldn't run with McCain again if he were the oldest man in politics... I mean, even though he's the oldest man in politics. Actaully, she's going to The Fox News Network. This means that she will not be running for public office in the future. To do so she would have to give up what promises to be a lucrative career in show hosting. No successful talk show host has ever given up their show to run for office.
What about Al Franken, you ask? No, I said successful talk show host.
The Tonight Show is going to be hosted by... well, we don't really know. NBC has decided to move Jay Leno's show back to The Tonight Show time, move The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien to tomorrow, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon to a week from Tuesday. But Conan O'Brien has refused to change time slots, stating it would be a disgrace to the history of The Tonight Show and unfair to Jimmy Fallon. That leaves NBC in the position of having to pay O'Brien $45 million not to do his show. Did the Fed take over NBC, too?
It doesn't seem like Conan O'Brien was really given enough time to catch his groove with The Tonight Show. Is just a few months enough to brand the program and build the ratings? To be fair I really can't have a position... I never even watched Conan O'Brien hosting the show. In fact, I never even watched Jay Leno hosting it, even though I know he had a very successful 17-year run. I grew up with Johnny Carson and that's the only Tonight Show I acknowledge.
Guess I have something in common with Alabama fans... no matter what goes on around us, we're still waiting for the return of a dead icon.




I watched Sarah Palin on the Glenn Beck show the other night. She's very well spoken, mature and sane. Unlike Comrade Zero and crew.
ReplyDelete