Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Ed is Better than Two

I know all of you have been waiting patiently for my reaction to the death of one Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy. I'm sorry this is so late in coming this morning, but you see, I had to quit gut-laughing so I could actually hit the keys with my fingers. I heard the news on the radio as I was driving into work and nearly ran off a bridge - don't worry, I was alone. The report said that he lost his battle to brain cancer last night. I guess it just ran out of material. Too bad he didn't have fat cancer - he might've been able to hold on for another half-century or so.

Some of you might say those aren't very Christian comments. Hogwash! I don't buy that for a minute. A good, strong Christian stands up for what is right in the face of evil - and I can think of no better word to describe the Kennedy ilk. I have no sympathy for Ted or anyone around him. The entire family is nothing more than a bunch of drunks, thieves, murderers, Nazi sympathizers, Socialists,
hypocrites, bigots, womanizers, and prostitutes (or whatever it's called when a woman is paid to marry a future president)*. I invite you to do a little research and discover for yourself that these aren't the inflammatory words of a right-wing nut... there is plenty of evidence to support each one. Interestingly, the evidence is hidden away in such places as newspaper articles, encyclopedia entries, biographies, interviews, and pasted over the top of every voting conscience in Massachusetts.

*AND they brainwashed the Terminator, man.

4 comments:

  1. I, personally, do not like to be grouped with the "nation" as I am not mourning the death of Ted Kennedy. I realize that alot of people feel the Kennedys were iconic. However, as you stated above, the family lineage (formerly known as Camelot) is chocked full of “bad” blood (you left out rapists). :-) I believe this family held themselves above the law, as they were allowed to get away with things the common man was not. Joe, Sr. was a dictator and demanded his family obey his rules. He manipulated people to place his sons in prominent positions to rule this country, since he could not. If he could not manipulate them, he bought them. The “nation” should definitely revisit this family and their history. I do not consider this the death of a “lion” but see it as the hopeful end of a family that should have been laid to rest long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also ask that you look at the flip side of the coin to examine the humanitarian efforts spear-headed by the Kennedy family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, I will accept the possibility that the Kennedy family has made a difference in humanitarian efforts: I encourage you to list some of them.

    But given that, do they outweigh the negatives? For instance, if you contribute money to a battered women's shelter but mug and rape women, have you made a difference? I know that may sound biased but it was the first eample that popped into mind. I'll offer another: JFK pushed to drop the top income tax bracket from 91% (the top once took home only $6 [94% in 1944-45) for every $100 earned] to 70%. Horay for JFK! But his New Frontier (which led the way for LBJ's Great Society) ultimately led to many of the fiscal problems this country faces today, and the attitude politicians have: Health care reform will extend health coverage to everyone, won't cost the American taxpayer anything, will not increase the federal budget, and won't call for spending cuts. This is the old 110% mathematics at play.

    How much bad is too much bad for the good? I invite your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew 6:24 tells us "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other" The good will never out weigh the bad, only through Christ can one be afforded Grace and forgiveness. That’s the problem with these celebrities like Oprah, Tom Cruise and Brad and Angelina. They feel like the can do what ever they want as long as they give money to charities or try to do good deeds. A lot of people don’t realize that what doesn’t glorify God, glorifies the Devil. Michael Jackson is another great example. People feel he should be given a special pass just because he gave away a lot of money (a small percentage of his wealth) and visited some kids in the Hospital. Ephesians 2:8, 9 says “By grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God; not of works, lest any man should boast" Good post

    ReplyDelete